Social forum

Autoview backup and moodledata files

Picture of Jose Fernandez
Autoview backup and moodledata files
by Jose Fernandez - Friday, 20 July 2012, 9:10 AM

Hey.

I have an instance of Autoview, with a video and some slides associated, and it works perfectly. I made a backup of that course and I restored as a new running smoothly.

By accessing Autoview activity restored in this new course, does not show the video or transparency. As I have seen, the problem is that the backup does not include the subdirectory \ moodledata used by AutoView to save the slides and video.

Is it possible to modify the backup system for this directory \ moodledata used by AutoView, is included, and thus to restore the AutoView without losing video and / or transparencies shown by AutoView?

Thanks and regards.
Picture of Tim Williams
Re: Autoview backup and moodledata files
by Tim Williams - Thursday, 2 August 2012, 3:10 PM

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been travelling for the last few weeks.

If you are using Moodle 1.x, then make sure that you include course files in your backups, this should solve the problem.

If you are using Moodle 2.x, unfortunately there is no way to get the moodledata included, since this is managed through my own Course Files Area and Repository File Manager addons, which are considered to be external repositories by Moodle. Unfortunately Moodle can't backup external repositories and I've not yet had the time to write a specific backup procedure into these addons.

The recommended procedure is to use the Repository file manager to create a zip file of the AutoView presentation which can then be distributed.