Social forum

Problem Autoview presenter

Picture of Tim Williams
Re: Problem Autoview presenter
by Tim Williams - Friday, 14 March 2008, 10:37 AM

> I only can see the slides with OpenOffice -> export to swf.
> I make the slides with flash cs3 and I can't see them.

The underlying code has been specifically designed to work with flash as created by OpenOffice, most people don't have Flash CS3 (including me), so I can't code for this or test it. If you have suitable development skills, you could patch the code to get it to work with the slides you want, or you could comission us to do the work for you.

> I only play video .fvl format and I can't play .avi, .mpg.

.avi and .mpg are not designed for web streaming, they might work with windows media player, Quicktime or VLC, it's really down to the individual plugin and the way that the original file was encoded whether or not it will work. I certainly wouldn't reccommend using these formats.

The formats that I reccommend for the various plugins are as follows :

Windows Media : .wmv .asf
Quicktime : .mov .mp4
Real Player : .rm .rv
Flash Video : .flv
VLC : .mp4 .mov .wmv .asf
Java Audio : .ogg

> I want to know how the blank subtitle file is created

1) Click subtitles at the top of the editing pane.
2) Choose you're language from the 'Add subtitle source' drop down box and click add.
3) You'll get a popup box. Select 'Create blank subtitle file' and click update.
4) In the main window click the on button next to subtitles.
5) You can now use the add before/add after buttons to add new subtitles to the presentation and the edit current subtitle to put in the text.
6) You should now find that an extra block of times in the times/titles section, these will work the same way as the slide times.

Tim W