Social forum

Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.x - Moodle 2.1 Compatibility

Picture of Mark Davis
Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.x - Moodle 2.1 Compatibility
by Mark Davis - Friday, 8 July 2011, 4:55 PM

Sorry, one more question.

I just noticed the release of Moodle 2.1, which has some signifcant changes and improvements over Moodle 2.0.x. Does Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.x work with Moodle 2.1?

Thanks.
Picture of Tim Williams
Re: Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.x - Moodle 2.1 Compatibility
by Tim Williams - Monday, 11 July 2011, 10:09 AM

It hasn't been tested yet, but as far as I know Moodle 2.1 doesn't break compatibility with 2.0 in any way so everything should work.
Picture of Andrea Bicciolo
by Andrea Bicciolo - Monday, 18 July 2011, 8:18 PM

We are starting to test AutoView module in Moodle 2.1, and so far it works as in Moodle 2.0.

Something that appears not working in both versions are quicktime rtsp streaming video sources: while selecting a quicktime video source using the repo file area works, specifying a working rtsp URLs does not work either in 2.0 and 2.1 when set in AutoView. To test the rtsp stream, we opened it in QuickTime player.

Not sure if we are wrong somewhere, or if AutoView for Moodle 2.x does not support rtsp URLs anymore in video sources?
Picture of Tim Williams
by Tim Williams - Tuesday, 19 July 2011, 1:09 PM

RTSP URL's are still fully supported in AutoView, we use them ourselves, so this will always be the case.

I've just given this a test and you are right, there does appear to be a problem with RTSP URL's in Moodle 2. I think there is a mistake in the code which generates QT reference files from the RTSP URL. I've added a fixed version of the relevant file to this message, please download it and replace the autoview/qtref.php file with the new version. If this works for you, then i'll put the fix out as part of the next AutoView module release.
Picture of Andrea Bicciolo
by Andrea Bicciolo - Tuesday, 19 July 2011, 4:00 PM

Thanks Tim,
we tested updating qtref.php against Moodle 2.0.3+ (Build: 20110713) and Moodle 2.1+ (Build: 20110713) and now both versions are able to play rtsp URLs. Up to now we tested using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.18 and IE 7, results are encouraging.