Social forum

Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.0 config.avx

Picture of Mark Davis
Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.0 config.avx
by Mark Davis - Thursday, 30 June 2011, 4:15 PM

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are a couple of settings available in the config.avx file. I would like to have Autoview start up with the slide size minimized (for max. video size) and the slide sync turned off by default. Is there a setting I can put in the config.avx file that will do these two things? Thanks.

= = ==> Mark
Picture of Tim Williams
Re: Autoview Preview for Moodle 2.0 config.avx
by Tim Williams - Tuesday, 5 July 2011, 11:48 AM

You can make this change on a Moodle wide basis adding the necessary method calls to the "JavaScript Calls" config option on the AutoView Module config page.

For the Video/Size size

This can be done using setVideoSize(width, height). If the value of the width is set to less than 1, then the video will be sized to fit the specified proportion of the available space, with the slides shrunk accordingly. If the width is set >1, then the value is treated as a pixel size for the video. The width value should be between 0.17 and 0.37, changing in increments of 0.05.

Height should always be set to 1, unless you are specifying a pixel size for the video.

The following will probably do what you want:

setVideoSize(0.37,1);

Slide sync off by default

This will turn off the slide synchronisation:

setSlideSync(false);
Picture of Mark Davis
by Mark Davis - Tuesday, 5 July 2011, 3:32 PM

Great, thanks Tim!
Picture of Mark Davis
by Mark Davis - Friday, 8 July 2011, 8:14 PM

P.S. Forgot to ask about slide thumbnails being on by default too. I tried setting:

setThumbnails(true);
setThumbnailsActive(true);

but they didn't seem to make any difference...

Picture of Tim Williams
by Tim Williams - Monday, 11 July 2011, 10:40 AM

setThumbnailsActive(true);

is the correct call, however, the users preference for the display of thumbnails is remembered in a cookie (the same applies to subtitles and video/slide sources), so if at any point you have clicked on the thumbnail on/off button, this preference will be used instead of the presentation default.

You can also change the thumbnail display default in the options section of the editor for each presentation. Note, adding the above javascript call will always override the setting in the options section.
Picture of Mark Davis
by Mark Davis - Monday, 11 July 2011, 2:37 PM

Great, thanks! That explains it. I thought it had worked when I fired up IE instead of FF to look at my site and then IE ended up doing the same thing. The cookie explains it.